Spark is Farnham Maltings children and young people’s multi-arts project, bringing people together from across Waverley to enjoy, participate, watch and celebrate the arts.
Our Spark project includes:
- Vibrant and exciting outreach sessions in visual and performance arts across the local community to children and young people who are disadvantaged, marginalised, vulnerable and battling financial inequalities
- 2-day festival weekend where we open our doors and offer a programme of free creative workshops, pop up craft, exhibitions and performances for all the family.
Community Outreach Projects:
Spark uses the transformative power of the arts to support young carers, those who are homeless, not in education, employment and training, at risk of offending and participating in anti-social activities, young people with additional needs and those that suffer with on-going substance misuse. Spark enables young people to:
- Be exposed to and explore creative art forms led by industry professionals
- Develop fundamental life skills to support their cultural, educational, social and personal development
- Raise aspirations and achievements through learning and developing creative skills, creating work and discovering talents.
- Develop independence, resilience and confidence needed to make positive, healthy decisions
- Build deeper social interaction and healthy friendships enabling them to value differences
- Build confidence to contribute positively to their communities and make a difference
“The Spark Project is crucial to the development of the lives of young people living in and around the surrounding area of Farnham.’’ Andy Fowler, Spark artists and project lead.
“Spark helped the young people have pride and ownership of their youth hut, it created positive promotion of it within the community and it would not have been possible to makeover the youth hut without the support from Farnham Maltings’ SPARK.” Tracy Scares, Sandy Hill Detached Youth project, Neighbourhood Youth Worker.
For all things Spark contact our Community Engagement Producer firstname.lastname@example.org