This autumn, Together with Music are embarking on a UK wide songwriting project to amplify voices of people from any generation or walk of life.
Run by Intergenerational Music Making, the songwriting tour is encompassing nine towns and cities, including Edinburgh, Bristol, London, plus a stop in Northern Ireland. It’s final stop is here, at Farnham Maltings on Tue 25 and Wed 26 October.
We invite you to take part in these free workshops, where you can sing, make music, meet new people from the community and try your hand at songwriting. The workshop on the Tuesday just invites young people (13 – 25 years) whilst day two, on the Wednesday, will be an intergenerational day with older adults invited to join.
Young people aged 13 - 25 will be invited to join the workshops both days.
There are no prerequisites for joining. You can be from any walk life. Parents are welcome to come along to the second day if they would like to explore music making with their child and the wider community.
The workshops aim to:
- Use the power of music and song writing as a vehicle into the sharing of stories, culture and heritage
- Empower individuals to raise their voices through music
- Promote socialisation, across backgrounds and generations, and promote a network of musical connection
- Offer training and education in using music for mental health and wellbeing
- Celebrate people, diversity, inclusion and connection and provide a deeper understanding around the place music has within communities, health and wellbeing
Filmed in Edinburgh on the first stop of the Together with Music tour, the video captures the workshops in action.
Workshop details & how to book:
Day 1: Tue 26 October, 10am - 4pm (free to attend)
Creative Learning (for 13 – 25 years)
Aimed at equipping young people with a deeper understanding of the place music has in health and wellbeing and encouraging them to build a music toolbox to support communities.
Day 2: Wed 27 October, 10am - 4pm (free to attend)
Creative Connections (for all ages)
An intergenerational workshop, full of music, songwriting and community connections!
Please email Emma firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free space.