No Strings Attached is a programme of support to help young people make their first piece of professional theatre and explore a potential career within the arts. We want to hear the voices of young people in the South East of England who are excited by theatre and want to make something of their own. It is our ambition that No Strings Attached can act as a stepping stone between doing theatre as an extra-curricular activity, a hobby, or as part of studies to exploring it as a future career.
The awards consist of:
- Grants of up to £1000
- 2 x training sessions with FarnhamMaltings that provide a starter tool kit in key areas of self-producing, budgets and thinking about audiences
- 2 x sessions of up to 4 hours with a paired industry mentor
- A check in session with Farnham Maltings at the end of the project
The programme is open to young people from across the South-East region aged 18 to 25 years, who have not previously received a grant from the arts council or any other public funding. Applicants can apply as an individual or as part of a group.
Applications for No Strings Attached 2021-22 are now open!
Please download and read the guidance and check the key dates before applying via the form at the bottom of this page.
- Deadline for submitting the jotform with your expressions of interest: 5pm on Friday 15th October
- Initial phone call with a member of the Farnham Maltings team to talk through your idea: Between Monday 6th October and Friday 22nd October
- Panel day, where applicants will be invited to pitch their project: Thursday 4th November
Farnham Maltings welcomes applications from all young people, especially those from backgrounds which are currently underrepresented in the theatre industry. If you would like to discuss any specific needs or barriers you face in making an application, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.