Farnham Maltings is hosting an afternoon tea on Saturday 10 September, 2.30pm-4.30pm – Free Event
- In our constantly changing society, Farnham Maltings wants to be a positive voice for building a stronger, united community.
- The event has been created to encourage a wide range of local people, communities and groups to come together in celebration and will include activities such as live music and crafts
- Find out about clubs and opportunities in your area from community ambassadors
- Free tea, cake, juice and scones will be provided and locals are encouraged to bring a treat to share
- Take advantage of the free shuttle bus or facilitated carpool set up for the event
Join friends and neighbours on Saturday 10 September 2.30pm-4.30pm at Farnham Maltings for a celebration in your local community.
Following on from the success of events such as A Time to Remember and Big Dance Bus, Farnham Afternoon Tea seeks to bring people from a range of backgrounds and ages together to make new connections and celebrate what is great about where we live.
Free transport is being arranged and carpooling facilitated in order to enable everyone who wishes to attend. Long tables and activities will encourage locals to meet and chat over free tea, coffee, juice and scones, and people will be encouraged to bring a dessert to share, and a donation for the food bank. Community ambassadors from local groups and organisations will be present share information on how you can get more involved in the wider community.
Gavin Stride, Director of Farnham Maltings, noted
“The world feels like it’s in turmoil right now, and we had a conversation amongst ourselves about how we could make a positive response. We have tried to create an event that welcomes everybody, that encourages us all to talk to people we might not know and to enjoy the things that are great about our community.”
Local businesses and groups are being asked to join in and contribute what they can to make the event a success but if you would like to get involved or represent a particular group, please contact the event co-ordinator Christine Lee by calling 01252 745471 or emailing email@example.com.
More details for the event will be announced over the coming weeks on the facebook event page so let us know you’re coming – we hope to see you there, come rain or shine!