- Start: Sunday 23 February - 13:30
- Auditorium: EW Dance Studio 2
This class takes a slightly different approach to bead knitting by using different coloured beads to create motifs that are worked into the knitting as you go.
During the class students will either work from a prepared design or more adventurous students can create their own charted beaded colourwork design.
Tutor name: Jeanette Sloan
Level / Ability: Students should know how to knit/purl; cast on/cast off; read a chart; knowledge of how to slip a stitch and read charts would be helpful but is not essential.
Notes, any additional info, what do people need to bring?
- 100g of DK weight yarn
- Needles: Either one pair US size 4 (3.50 mm) single-point needles or US size 4 (3.50 mm) circular needle with short cable for working in rows. As some knitters prefer working on circular needles regardless of project, the choice of needles entirely depends on personal preference.
- Sewing needle and thread for threading beads onto yarn
- Small pair of scissors
- 2 packets of size 6 (4 mm) glass beads in contrasting colour
- Pencil and eraser
- 2 coloured pencils to match the colour of the beads (where possible)
Workshop ticket includes same day entry to unravel. Class duration – 3 hours.