Thread is open from 9am to 4pm*. Please note that we are operating hourly timed-entry slots to manage visitor traffic.
Dates & times
Have you been stitching and sewing your way through the pandemic? Are your supplies running low? Would you like some fresh inspiration for your next project?
Join us, in person, at the ninth annual thread festival to top up your fabric stash and haberdashery from our vibrant curated marketplace and buy unique, handcrafted work from specialist artists and makers. Exhibitors include textile producers, yarn purveyors, textile artists and makers. Stands will be spaced out across the Maltings buildings. and a one-way system will be in operation.
Thread is an opportunity to join with other textile enthusiasts for a sociable & inspiring day out. Learn from the experts, try new techniques & enjoy a varied programme of bookable and online workshops.
This year, tickets will only be available in advance and with timed entry* so that we can manage visitor traffic according to government guidelines. Please carefully select your chosen arrival time slot and arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your entry time. Note that if you are booked onto one of our workshops your entry to the marketplace is included in the price of your workshop ticket.
Included with your in-person ticket is access to our virtual programme taking place online over the weekend. This includes talks, social events, and more! More details will be sent to you with your ticket confirmation.
What we’re doing to keep you safe at thread:
- Advance tickets only and timed entry
- One-way system throughout the building (go around as many times as you like!)
- Social distancing between stalls and in reduced capacity workshops
- Enhanced cleaning regime
- Hand sanitiser on entry and around the marketplace
- Take away service from our Foyer Café
- Mandatory face coverings for all visitors including exhibitors, staff, workshop tutors, and volunteers
Find more details about our covid-secure plan here.
* Tickets available in hourly slots but you may stay as long as you like.