Stitch a set of keepsake Wonder Crackers. Wonder Crackers look like traditional paper crackers and pull apart in the same way with that all-important snap. However their innovative design means that you’ll be able to reuse these fabric crackers year after year. Once a Wonder Cracker has been pulled apart, it’s easy to replace the snap and seal the cracker back up, ready for the next celebration!
The workshop is suitable for a new beginner, meaning someone who is familiar with how to thread their sewing machine and how to sew in a straight line.
During the workshop participants will be shown how to make one cracker and can then carry on and make as many more as they’d like. The sewing pattern and some materials will be provided, however participants will also need to bring along their own sewing machine, ribbon and pre-cut fabrics.
Please check the information below for further details and email the tutor, email@example.com, if you have any further questions or would like to order extra materials.
- The Wonder Cracker Sewing Pattern
- Cracker Stiffening Panels and Snaps - enough for 4 crackers will be provided if attending the full day workshop and enough for 2 crackers if attending the evening workshop. Please contact the tutor if you intend to make additional crackers.
- Sewing Machine in good working order, complete with pedal and power cord
- Small Sewing Kit to include pins, scissors, bobbin
- A rectangle 54 x 19cm pre cut from your main fabric, for every cracker you want to make
- A rectangle 56 x 19cm pre cut from your lining fabric, for every cracker you want to make
- A metre of ribbon, suggested width 10 - 25mm, for every cracker you want to make
- Matching thread
- For the main fabric - quilting weight cottons work well; avoid heavy weight, sheer or stretch fabrics and anything that can’t be ironed.
- For the lining fabric - choose a similar weight fabric to your main fabric; avoid heavy weight, sheer or stretch fabrics and anything that can’t be ironed. This fabric will be visible once the cracker has been pulled, so you may want to choose a colour that compliments your main fabric.
Making additional crackers
Stiffening panels and snaps for 4 crackers will be provided if attending the full day workshop and enough for 2 crackers if attending the evening workshop. If you would like to make additional crackers, then further stiffening panels and snaps can be purchased from the tutor in advance. Please email the tutor firstname.lastname@example.org before the workshop to order.
- Stiffening panels for additional crackers - £1.50 per cracker
- Bundle of 100 cracker snaps - £6