Meet Me at the Maltings is a friendly, creative group which connects local people from all backgrounds and experience, through a variety of creative projects. Initially set up in response to a nationwide ‘loneliness epidemic’, this has become a pleasant, self organising and dynamic group of people who look out for each other and welcome newcomers.
We meet every Thursday morning from 10.30am-12.30pm (except 16th Feb) and enjoy a two hour creative crafting, singing, writing or dancing session, led by experienced and encouraging artists.
Sessions are just £6 each or £50 for all 12 sessions if booked in advance. Bring a friend, or come alone and meet someone new – try all 12 sessions and discover something new!
Spring 2017 programme:
- Thu 12 Jan | Quilting with Alice Butcher (foyer)
- Thu 19 Jan | Mini basket making with Judith Needham (foyer)
- Thu 26 Jan | Music and singing with Ciara Burrows (South West Kiln)
- Thu 02 Feb | Cake decorating with Coral Turan (Cellar Bar) SOLD OUT
- Thu 09 Feb | Dance talk and practical session with Kerry Biggin of Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures Company. Part 1. (Tindle)
- Thu 23 Feb | Dance talk and practical session part 2. (Tindle)
- Thu 02 Mar | Quilting with Alice Butcher (foyer)
- Thu 09 Mar | Crochet with Barbara Touati-Evans (foyer)
- Thu 16 Mar | Making a willow hen with Judith Needham – part 1. (foyer)
- Thu 23 Mar | Willow hen part 2.
- Thu 30 Mar | Cake decorating with Coral Turan (South West Kiln)
- Thu 06 Apr | Marketing for new and small businesses – talk by Simone Dixon. (South West Kiln) (Last session)
Please note that there will be no session on Thu 16 Feb as unravel…a festival of knitting will be setting up.
We are delighted to have recently received funding from the Johnson Wax Charitable Trust to enable us to continue with our weekly Meet Me at the Maltings sessions. An enormous thank you to the Trust from everyone at Meet Me at the Maltings!
Previous ‘Meet Me’ projects –
Alice Butcher with a cushion covered in English Paper Pieced quilting, pictured outside a sunny Maltings, planning ‘Come Quilt With Me’.
October 2016 As part of Farnham Craft Month – we embarked upon a social crafting project called ‘Come Quilt With Me!’ to make our own Meet Me at the Maltings’ English Paper Pieced Quilt with Alice Butcher of Alice & Ginny. We had loads of fabric to chose from, and participants also brought their own pieces as a personal contribution to this piece which will stay as part of the Meet Me at the Maltings furnishings. Over four consecutive Thursday sessions we welcome over 80 participants to our foyer who not only met new friends and learnt the skills needed to then make your own quilt or cushion covers at home, but also prompted us to buy a big communal table for the foyer for people to share all year round.
To arrange supported transport to any of these sessions, please contact Driving Miss Daisy, a companion driving service on 01252 912410.