Farnham Town Council and Farnham Maltings are seeking to commission several makers for a Community Engagement Project to take place in the local community over summer/autumn 2022.
We are looking for makers who can demonstrate a connection to Farnham; experience of working with communities; a commitment to quality; and who can help us achieve the wider project aims of:
- Reaching underrepresented groups in Farnham
- Fostering a sense of neighbourliness and connection in the town
- Raising the profile of Farnham as a World Craft Town
Selected makers will be paired with a local community, working with them during summer/autumn 2022 towards a public sharing of their projects in November or December 2022. If your Expression of Interest is shortlisted, then it will be included as part of a larger application to Arts Council England. This will be submitted in spring 2022 and, if successful, the budget for each project will be in the region of £3,000 - £5,000.
Makers might be paired with a geographic community or with a community of interest, particularly those underrepresented in the town. Examples might include those living in disadvantaged neighbourhoods; single parents; migrants; young people at risk of criminal involvement or those struggling with their mental health. Makers are encouraged to use their knowledge of the town to make their own suggestions.
Deadline: Mon 21 February 2022
Expressions of Interest should be no longer than 500 words and should include:
- A summary of you and your work
- Why this project appeals to you
- Initial thoughts on your approach to the project and which communities you might work with
- Up to three images of your work/projects
- Two referees who can talk about your work (e.g. mentor, fellow maker, collaborator, client, etc).
Expressions of Interest and any questions can be directed to Allison Thistlewood, Events Coordinator (Craft), Farnham Maltings
- Jo Connolly
- Caroline Pearce