We always want to encourage more people to participate in the arts, and our green policy, which you can download here, is an essential part of ensuring that we remain sustainable and able to follow this ambition.
Over the last three years, we have worked collectively to reduce our carbon emissions and are proud to share that we have reduced our energy consumption by 13.8%.
With your help, we can continue to build on this success and ensure we remain sustainable and secured for future generations.
We encourage you to take a look around our maltings stores, open Monday – Friday 9am–5pm and Saturday 10am–1.50pm, where you can find both upcycled and reused furniture and homeware, as well as a variety of products made by local artists, all within close vicinity to the Maltings.
Our Riverside Cafe is another area of the business that we try to make as green as possible. We seek out local food suppliers which include Cupsmith Coffee, Smallbone & Sons family butchers, and Tongham Bakery to name a few.
Finally, in order to improve our environmental sustainability, we encourage visitors to use public transport or car share to reduce the overall carbon footprint. Farnham train station is a short walk away, as shown below, and for a step by step guide, you can check out the walking map at the bottom of the page. Also scroll down for information on buses that pass the Maltings.
Please see the directions below to help you travel from Farnham Station to Farnham Maltings.
Each step corresponds to an image of the surrounding area to help you find your way.
1. As you leave the station, turn right onto Approach Rd.
2. Turn left onto Station Hill/B3001, and continue down this road. You will pass The Mulberry on your left.
3. At the end of Station Hill you will reach Farnham By-Pass/A31. Cross the Farnham By-Pass/A31 and turn immediately left.
4. Turn left and then take a slight right onto Abbey St.
5. When you reach the end of Abbey St, cross the road and turn left onto Bridge Square.
6. Take the first right onto Red Lion Lane.
7. Continue down Red Lion Lane, where Farnham Maltings will be on your right.
8. Enter the Farnham Maltings carpark on through the entrance on the right.
9. Enter the building through the glass box.
We have a bus stop near to the entrance of the Maltings. The buses that stop here are numbers 4 & 5 which you can catch from Farnham station: